Halloween treats for any age


I'm a little late for Halloween but wanted to share some treats that would be well received by trick or treaters of any age.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I have been collecting lots of Halloween paper and die cuts over the years. I don't use them as often as I should but finally made some Halloween treats using a topper from Avery Elle.



A close up the three types of toppers made:




 First I die cut the toppers using 65LB Recollection cardstock in black, orange and purple. One 8.5" x 11" sheet can make 6 toppers. Then I embossed each topper using an old Provocraft spiderweb folder. The emboss covers up much of the detail on the topper but I really like the embossed look. I positioned the paper so that the center of the spiderweb is just under the left side of the topper handle. Before I folded the topper, I scored the line from the edge to the handle on each side. I find that the paper will rip at times if I don't score it.

After printing out the sentiments on gray 65lb Recollections card stock, I die cut them using the smallest die from the MFT STAX Double Stitched Rectangle set. The cute Halloween die cuts on each side of the sentiments are from an old Cuttlebug 3-Inch-by-3-Inch Die. The eyes for the spider are dotted with Ranger black enamel accents while I used a marker for the eyes for the pumpkins and ghost.

The plastic bags are first closed with 2 staples and then the topper is attached using double sided tape . If  I don't close the bag with staples first, I find that the top area is too poofy with just tape.

Each bag is large enough to fit about 6 Lindt Truffles or 3-4 Hershey's or Mars snack size treats  which should be a nice treat for an adult or child. 

Materials & Tools:
Sentiment: Computer Generated using Chiller Font
Dies:
Treat Topper Elle-ments from Avery Elle
Cuttlebug 3-Inch-by-3-Inch Die
MFT STAX Double Stitched Rectangle (retired)
Paper: 65LB Recollections cardstock
Other: Treat bags (3.75"W x 6"L)

Comments